College of Biotechnology is considered the leading College in the UAE, as it is the first in the field of biotechnology studies.
The College prepares its students and qualifies them with the skills and knowledge to contribute and compete in research and development work globally and in its different specializations and applications which are distributed on the different research science fields as:
- Medical and Pharmaceutical
- Environmental and Agricultural
- Petroleum and Industrial
- DNA, Forensics, and Bioinformatics
Our modern curricula focus on molecular and biological research process, which aim at improving breeds and developing them, in addition to improving Livestock and agricultural production level.
Our students will find that the international scientific resources are open for them. In its turn, the staff is fully competent to expand the research process which includes the different aspects of biotechnology, agriculture, environment, viruses, drugs and chemical products. In addition, basic knowledge and skills in evidence and DNA analysis for undergraduate students are generally practiced by using the state of the art equipment owned by UMS. In fact, in UMS labs. Introducing new technologies and computers in the process of studying the gene’s map’s and human gene analysis led to a great revolution in this field.
Graduates of Bachelors of Biotechnology are competent to work in many fields and laboratory research such as; treatment of medical genetics, pharmacy, and production of genetic engineering drugs, Bacteriology, virology, agriculture, ecology, medicine, and forensics.
UMS Graduation Requirements
The student will be awarded the bachelor’s degree in Biotechnology after completing 135 credit hours for 43 academic subjects taking four academic years or eight semesters, that are distributed as below:
- 17 credit hours as general requirements, including English language, informatics, mathematics and other general subjects.
- 8 credit hours dealing with many specialized areas in biotechnology like (medical, pharmaceutical, ecological, or industrial biotechnology.
- 110 credit hours of the requirements of the major program, including biology, chemistry, gynecology, biotechnology, bacteriology, physics, biochemistry, biological molecules, tissues planting, advanced genes, engineering, marketing and administration sciences, areas of regulation and ethics of biotechnology, seminars, and researches.